On Wednesday, at precisely 9:27 AM, Jonah and I heard the most beautiful sound in the world. It was fast, strong, and distinct. It was perfect. It was the sound of our baby’s heartbeat.
As Jonah and I reflected later on this memorable event we both came to the same realization. We said to ourselves, “This is really happening.” We found ourselves overwhelmed with joy.
As my baby’s heart beat, my heart was breaking for the loss of two very special people this past week. This is why I titled this week’s entry heartbeat of hope. I hope and pray that the families affected by the loss of Braelyn and Charlie find peace, and eventually new opportunities for joy.
Tragedy often leads to reflection. As I reflect this upon the events of this week, I wonder why I am so fortunate while others are not. This is, of course, a rhetorical question. I wish I could simply bottle my joy and happiness and share it others when they need it the most. Until I can find a way to do just that, I will try to help others feel the joy that I felt on Wednesday morning at 9:27 AM.
Danielle, this was such a nice post. Thanks again for being a great friend and supporting me during the difficult time of losing my daughter, Braelyn. I am so happy for you and Jonah that you get to experience hearing the heartbeat of your child. You are right, that is the most beautiful sound in the world!
ReplyDelete