Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pregnant Zombie

In light of October, Halloween, and all things scary the title of this week’s entry is fitting, considering my zombie like state lately. Zombies, by definition, are controlled by some other spirit or entity.  Lately I have discovered Baby Ralston has me under her/his complete control!

Being pregnant for the first time is such a journey.  I always thought I would be one of those highly functional pregnant women- never slowing down at work or home.  This week has been a slap in the face.  On Friday alone at work I counted at least 13 typos in my emails and reports.  What is happening to me?  As I write this very entry I am looking at dirty dishes and at least 3 loads of laundry.  Halloween and Zombies are scary things, but not quite as scary as feeling like a complete failure. 

Sure I have heard the stories from others like, “when I was 10 weeks pregnant I was so tired, I could barely shower and brush my teeth, let alone keep my house clean.”  I just never thought this would be me!  So today I wondered to myself, just what exactly is going on this week with Baby Ralston that is zapping so much of my energy?  I consulted my books and Google only to find out this is a very big week for baby!  Just a few weeks ago Baby Ralston was the size of a small grape.  Now, Baby Ralston is the size of a lime!  And this is just the start…this baby is developing major internal organs this week such as the liver and the brain!  I suppose I can accept my shortcomings this week for the sake of the baby’s progress and development. 

To end on a humorous note, I would like to share 2 funny comments that I experienced this week:

  1. (Jonah on the way home from a friends house)
 “I suppose I don’t mind if this baby is a boy, but only if he becomes an astronaut.”

  1. (random student that walked by my desk at work)
“OMG are you pregnant?”
Me:  “Yes”
“Awwww…..you used to be so skinny and pretty!”
Me:  “Thanks…I guess?”

Let’s hope next weeks experiences are a little less scary!  Until then, this is “Pregnant Zombie” signing off because it’s time for my nap. 

 

2 comments:

  1. I heard this REALLY great line from a friend that I simply must share with you in light of dear little Baby Ralston being the size of a lime (my goodness, so big already!) and growing a liver and such this week...and the toll that takes on you.
    My friend's husband came home to once again find his wife still in her pajamas and lying on the couch. After his productive day at work, he was a little disappointed that not much had gotten done at home. He asked, "So what did you do today?" She responded, "I created lungs!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, my love, you are doing so wonderfully!!! Do not feel like a failure ever! Nicole is right - your body is doing amazing, unbelievable things every single day. So what if you can't do laundry!!! You'll get back to normal soon enough, but in the meantime, the only thing you need to do is keep letting Baby Ralston grow and develop and turn into an amazing little boy or girl! And I know you are doing that. You are doing everything right. You're an amazing mommy already!!!

    ReplyDelete