Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tomorrow


Tomorrow we go for our first ultrasound!  This is the first "sneak preview" we'll have of our little baby.  With every Doctors appointment the fact that we are having a baby becomes more real.  I admit that I always experience some anxiety before any of our prenatal Doctors visits.  The question that always runs through my mind is "What if they find out that something is wrong?"  Jonah would tell me that I already signed up for a life time of "worries" by getting pregnant, so why start worrying myself before the baby is born? 

I have had many friends and family members ask if we are going to find out the gender.  After much debate, we have decided to find out the gender if our baby cooperates.  So, look for an updated blog or facebook post tomorrow if you are particularly curious. For the record, I have "felt" boy all along.

To my friends that have requested belly pictures I apologize!  I haven't posted any belly pictures because I don't look pregnant.  This issue of gaining weight has been a slight concern.  I assured my doctor that I have been eating around the clock (and I have been!)  I am currently 18 weeks along and I do feel like I "popped" a little bit over Thanksgiving (although it could have just been the massive amounts of turkey!)  I am hoping to take a few more pictures in December and I will be sure to post them in the next blog.

Speaking of weight, the food cravings have increased to a whole different level during the second trimester!  The other night at about 9:00 pm I mentioned to Jonah that I wanted nothing else in life but a deep dish pizza with a side of shrimp cocktail.  Some of my favorite "snacks" have included: cheese, corn, SALAD (copious amounts), celery and peanut butter, chocolate covered pretzels, California rolls, honey crisp apples, and cinnamon tea from Bigby.  I have always been a cranky hungry person, so now that I am pregnant the crankiness has gotten worse.  Jonah is a saint.

In closing, I just wanted to say thanks again to all of my friends and family members.  We have received so many encouraging emails and cards over the last 4 months.  Jonah and I know that this baby is loved by so many already.  Both of the "grandmas" have done some early shopping, and Joe and Kelli Scarpino actually sent us a little outfit already!  We are so blessed. 




1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys - can't wait to know what it is!!!

    ReplyDelete